Monday, February 16

But there's nothing we can do about it...

Tamino, in a recent post on his/her blog Open Mind titled "The Audacity of Hope," gave this great response to the ridiculous sentiment:

...I have a message for every nay-sayer and advocate of “there’s nothing we can do about it.” I refuse to resign. I do not accept the inevitability of failure. But the way I feel right now, it takes a lot of audacity to be hopeful.

I accept that global warming is going to be a lot of pain for a lot of people. But I will allow my intellect to overrule my anger because it knows that what we do does make a difference. The more we change for the better, the better the future will be. Although the future is not likely to be good, there’s no excuse for not doing what we can to prevent its being worse.

If you don’t want to do anything about global warming … get the hell out of the way of those of us who do.

And we're not just talking about climate change, this is a universal truth that applies to everything. One person CAN make a difference, and every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment